It’s been a little bit longer since the last prayer update than we would have liked. And the reason you ask? In all honesty, we didn’t know what to write. We have felt discouraged this week and are dealing with some (ok a lot of anxiety). Showings on the house have slowed to a crawl and the unknown has led to anxiety for both Amy and myself. But God is able and as I sought Him this week, he revealed more of himself to me.
Am I Jonah or Am I Mary?
Two characters in the Bible, well-known, definitely famous. Two very different responses to God’s call on their lives.
- Jonah 1:1-3 “The word of the Lord came to Jonah…’Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it because it’s wickedness has come before me.’ But Jonah ran away from the Lord.”
- Luke 1:28-38 “Greetings, you who are highly favored…You will be with child and give birth to a son…’How will this be?’ Mary asked. The Holy Spirit will come upon you…For nothing is impossible with God…I am the Lord’s servant Mary answered.
Jonah ran, Mary submitted. Even Mary asked questions. Questions like How? What? When? Not too different than the questions Amy and I have right now. But in light of her questions, in light of the unknown, in light of anxiety, Mary rested in the promise of God (nothing is impossible with God) and stepped out on faith. As Amy and I sit in this period of unknown, we stand and say “we are the Lord’s servants.”
- House to sell
- Josh’s trip to Belize (March 23rd – April 7th). Pray for God to be glorified through the mission teams traveling and for the local Belizean pastors to be encouraged. Pray for Josh to learn as he leads these trips.
- For both of us, for God to build our faith and reveal more of Himself to us daily through our searching.
Interested in Partnering with us?
– If you are interested in learning the different ways to partner with the Edmonds family (through prayer, financial support, or mission trip participation) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.