Last week our quote was “we are feeling discouraged.” You all responded with encouraging Scripture, words, and prayers. We thank you sincerely for that support.
So what happened this week? Nothing much except that we signed a contract on our house!! Praise God! We will be closing on 01-May AND they are allowing us to rent back until 15-Jun! Talk about PERFECT timing. We will then move to my mom and dad’s (thought I would NEVER do that), and I would travel to Belize and work over the summer (month of July) and set up house stuff. THEN potentially move everyone during the first / second week of August!! AHHHHH!
God is good all the time we know! We are moving from feeling discouraged to overwhelmed but we know that “nothing is impossible with God!”
This week God spoke to us through a movie. We watched End of the Spear (highly recommend it) about missionaries who were killed when they witnessed to an indigineous people group in the Amazon. The wives of the missionaries who were killed literally moved in with the same people group with their children and shared Jesus with them. That doesn’t make any sense, the women, the widows sought their husbands’ killers to share Jesus with them. We were sitting there on the couch thinking that our house would never sell, God how are you directing us, our life is so hard. By the end of the movie we developed an appropriate perspective. God put perspective in our face! Praise God for correction!
- House – everything to go smoothly with the contract, closure of the house
- Josh’s upcoming trip to Belize (March 23rd– April 7th) – Pray for the pastors (Pastor Transito Mai and his wonderful wife Carmita and Pastor Reyes). Also, pray for the communities Orangewalk and Succotz. Pray that the teams would be in tune with the Holy Spirit and reliant upon Him solely for their direction.
- Transitions – As we work to transition into and out of many things, pray for wisdom, clarity, guidance, sanity, and perspective.
- Opportunities – pray for opportunities for us to share what God is doing in our lives. Pray that those conversations lead to someone meeting Christ.
Interested in Partnering with us?
– If you are interested in learning the different ways to partner with the Edmonds family (through prayer, financial support, or mission trip participation) please email us at email@example.com.