It’s 4:30AM on Friday morning and I am writing this update. I am getting ready to travel to Belize today to work with Praying Pelican Missions as an assistant trip leader. It seems like Amy and I have been planning this trip for months, anticipating it. Now that it is here, we are beginning to feel “reality” set in that Belize is where we are going to live! And I can honestly say, we are so stinkin excited! We eagerly anticipate following the Lord in Belize. We anticipate the movement of His Holy Spirit and for our discipline in following it!
This past Sunday I was praying with the Starting Point Church staff before the start of our services and one of the pastors prayed for us to respond to God’s presence. When Moses led his people out of Egypt, they knew when to move when the Spirit of the Lord moved. Literally when the cloud moved, they moved. When the cloud stopped, they stopped. That hit me between the eyes. And I was burdened to pray for this trip, that although we have an agenda that we as a mission team and me as a child of God would respond to the Holy Spirit. I pray that these next two weeks in Belize that we respond to the movement of God and anticipate big things! I pray that you all respond the same way to God’s movement!
Prayer Requests / Praises:
– We are currently ~15% financially funded. God has been blowing us away with people’s generosity and putting people in our life to provide! Praise God!
– Amy and kids – Pray for them while I am away. Pray that Amy has the strength to get through each day and that the kids listen and obey RIGHT AWAY!
– House – we had our home inspection this past week. Pray the report is favorable and Amy doesn’t have to deal with much from that!
– Belize – pray for the Belizeans to respond to God’s Presence this week. Pray that we would follow God first, love BIG, and serve hard. Pray every day that I die to myself and live to honor Christ!
Friends, seriously thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. They are such a blessing for our family. Amy and I talk about how we are ridiculously blessed with people that love us deeply. We love you all thank God when we think of you! I look forward to sharing how God moves in Belize these two weeks!
Interested in Partnering with us?
– If you are interested in learning the different ways to partner with the Edmonds family (through prayer, financial support, or mission trip participation) please email us at email@example.com.