Happy Memorial Day!
I was laying in bed the other night thinking that it wasn’t by accident that God allowed the wealthiest country in the world to have the most religious freedom. Perhaps God expects us as His Church to use our religious freedom and wealth to impact the world around us and proclaim Christ boldly to all those who we see. Our family for one is so thankful for all the men and women who have made our freedom possible.
This week has been AMAZING and hard all at the same time. First of….
AMAZING – I was able to let work know about our plans to Belize and everyone has been so encouraging. On Monday when I told my management, I had no less than 5 or so people at work come up and say that they were thinking and praying for me. Even right as I was walking down the hallway to the meeting someone told me they were praying for me. I honestly felt the Bible come alive when I was walking down the hallway….”Since you are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses…” It was awesome! Thank you! The conversation was a “success” and it is bittersweet that my last day employed as a Chemical Engineer is June 15th! WOW~
Next … HARD – Amy and I have started to pack the house. I give her a hard time because she is slow to pack taking a look back and reliving many memories we have had here. We built this house 6 years ago with the intention not to move. We built without any kids, have had 2 kids here, hosted numerous bible studies, parties, and it is just where we have done life for the past 6 years. We will miss the house. BUT….we know that life isn’t a house. It is the people around us. We have started to have our night-time calendar fill up with dinners with good friends. We are sad about leaving them! Our friends and family are what have made life so amazing for the past 6 ½ years of marriage! We are sad to leave them back here but excited for everyone to see us in Belize! Note: if you want to get dinner, lunch, coffee, etc. before we leave send us an email!
Praises & Prayer Requests
- Belize: Continue to pray for summer trips. They start in ONE WEEK! Pray for thousands of Belizeans and the missionaries to come to know Jesus this summer! Pray for Boldness in each team in proclaiming Jesus!
- Financial support raising: PRAISE GOD! We are at 94% funded for $2500/month goal! God has literally blown us away. He has exceeded all expectations and prayers. Praise God for providing for us! We are praying earnestly that we can be at 100% funded by June 15th! We know we have just a little bit to go and we are confident the Lord WILL provide!
- If you are considering partnering with us financially, please contact me (Joshua.firstname.lastname@example.org) or 919.306.7667. Amy or I would love to share with you how you can partner with us in ministry.
- Work for Josh – Pray that these last three weeks that I can be a HUGE light to the workplace, that I can work diligently and leave Merck & Co., Inc. in good standing.
- Spiritual Warfare: Update Madeline’s night terrors have slowed. Continue to pray for her to sleep peacefully.
- Moving – We are out of our house on June 16th. Pray for us as we pack up (Amy and I both have our own opinions on how things should be packed). Pray for our marriage. Pray that we are able to work diligently at night but make time for each other and rest!
Thank you everyone so much for those of you who read this and have committed to supporting us through your prayers. We are so thankful and encouraged by your uplifting words, notes, emails, tweets. We love you all!
Josh and Madeline reading their Bibles.
Madeline LOVES swimming…this girl has no fear.