Edmonds Update 1/7/2013
Happy New Year from a settled in Edmonds family in Belize! The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind for sure. Here are the highlights….
- Flew home Dec. 20th
- Durham Dec. 21st plus visit from the best babysitter on Earth!
- Jojo learning to walk!
- Dec. 22nd – visit from Perkins where I spent 4 hours at Urgent Care with their son and Matt (good times!). And a visit from the Thomassons.
- Dec. 23rd – Visit from Amy’s friend Meredith, Christmas with Amy’s family which included our nephews with two potential cases of the flu complete with face masks for everyone!
- 24th – 26th – Christmas
- 27th – Amy takes Jojo to the doctor where she was 15 minutes late and then they said that the doctor would not see them and the appointment was cancelled. Talk about an upset Amy!
- 28th – Take Madeline to the doctor because of a case of pink eye.
- 29th – 30th – Raleigh to visit friends (Thank you to our friends Matt and Meredith for letting us stay at your house). Friends, you were great blessings.
- 30th – Amy gets a cold
- All last week – Amy coughs every night and stays up way to late because she cannot sleep and swears our house smells like poop.
- Other serious highlights – Great food in the States (lunch in Durham, Lily’s pizza, bacon, cheeseburgers, Whole foods, cereal, dairy milk, flavored coffee, JIF peanut butter), the awesome care package from my Merck friends, free lodging in Raleigh, going to the YMCA to workout for free!!! seeing my boy Chad making it big playing on big stage at Hope, giving toys and supplies to Pastor Ed and his children’s ministry from our house and the care package, and going to bed at 7:30 on NYE because we were exhausted!
It really was a great time with our wonderful friends and family. We are so blessed to have such a HUGE support network in the States to love us and support us. We are overwhelmed by your care for our family.
Back now in Belize, we have hit the ground running. Amy is starting at the Youth Hostel very soon, and I have almost overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do before our teams start to arrive in January. AND Madeline started Preschool TODAY!! AHHHHHHH!!!!
How God is Teaching Me? – Best is Yet to come!
Philippians 1:6 “…being confident of this that he who began a good work in you will carry it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus”
I used to get SO SO SO ANNOYED by my pastor. He would always tweet or Facebook “This Sunday is going to be the best ever!” I thought surely not every Sunday can be the best ever. Not everything can be the best ever. But the question that I am wrestling with at the start of 2013 is Why not? Why can’t this Sunday be the best ever?! Why can’t this event? Why can’t this year be the best ever?
For me 2012 was a great year. The best year of our lives so far. I hope it wasn’t the best ever. What if I thought that it was the best ever…..that every year after 2012 was going to be a little bit worse than 2012. That’s terrible!
The Bible says that God is carrying out a good work in me. He isn’t cooking me like a turkey until I am done and then that’s it. God is continually working on me, working in me, working through me, to make me the best….so I can have a full life in him. You see because God is never finished with me, my best has not yet come. My best is yet to come. 2013 will be the best year yet, the best year ever.
As I enter into the new year and begin to pray and fast to seek God’s presence more, greater, stronger. As I grow to understand Him more, I am praying for 2013 to be the best year ever! I expect it to be because God is not finished with me. My prayer for you all is that you realize that the Best is yet to come. God is not finished with you. 2012 for some was a great year, for others it was a crappy year. But 2013 can be and will be the best year of your life. Rest in the promise of God that He is not finished with you. And as long as God is working 2013 is going to be the best year ever….until next year!
Prayer Requests – Belize
- Praise – Hattieville Baptist Church has seen EXPLOSIVE growth in the last two services. Amy said last night there was at least one bench full of 20-something MEN! Praise God!
- Trips / Work – Our trips start Jan. 26th and continue non-stop until the middle of May. Pray for our staff, teams, and local ministry partners as we all prepare to be part of what God is going to do during this season. Pray most of all for us to be responsive to the Holy Spirit’s prompting!
- Availability of Jobs – One of the largest problems in Belize is the lack of jobs. Many of our friends received a blessing of seasonal work during the holidays. I was speaking to one young man who just finished up work yesterday and he told his boss he was going to come back every day and ask the man for work. He was telling me without work, he didn’t know what he was going do. Pray for soft hearts among companies/bosses and opportunities for work to be available all over the country.
Personal Prayer Requests
- Amy – is feeling sick (Nausea) again. Pray for this to go away. Pray for her healing from bronchitis. Pray for her to continue to develop and grow community with the people in Hattieville.
- Madeline – Just started preschool today. Pray for her to listen and obey! (and pray for her parents and her teacher to have patience with her!)
- Baby – Currently Amy and I are weighing out the options for having the baby in the States or staying in Belize to have the baby. Please pray for wisdom, and discernment in making this decision and once we have made the decision, please pray for the peace of Christ to rest on us.
- Support Raising – We are raising support for the 2013 – 2014 timeframe. Pray for us as we develop our plan and contact our potential financial partners. We are praying to have 50% of our support pledged by the end of Feb! Please pray for open hearts and generosity. Also, pray what the Lord would have you do to contribute financially to our ministry in Belize
- If you are interested in contributing financially to our support in Belize. Please visit http://www.prayingpelicanmissions.org/donate, scroll to find Josh and Amy Edmonds and follow the directions from there. No gift is too small or insignificant!
I believe that I am not finished yet. The best is yet to come! And I pray that you all feel that way for 2013. 2012 was a great year. I know 2013 is going to be better than that! I can’t wait to see how the Lord moves in 2013! Would you be expectant with me for the Lord’s blessing this year?!
Because they haven’t heard,