Friends! Man it’s been a busy month! Now as I sit down and watch the Monday night Raw after the last WWE Pay Per view (don’t judge), I realize that we have not provided some prayer requests and praises recently. Our bad!!! So without further adu…an update of sorts. We covet your prayers as always.
- School Update – Both kids LOVE school. We are so thankful for this. There is joy in their eyes when they come home and when they leave! We are so blessed to be in a situation where they love their teacher and their teacher loves them.
- Work Activity – Last week I finished leading a top 5 group of all time! The trip was just amazing including 13 baptisms on the morning of leaving the Caye. So thankful for my friends from Colorado!
- Growing up – We weren’t really sure what we were going to do with a bed and the boys and house guests. We knew we didn’t want to blow up an air mattress. So this past Friday, Amy and I built a bed and then Jojo immediately wanted to move into Elijah rooms. We thought Madeline would freak out being by herself. Nope. Seamless transition! Praise God for easy-going kids!
- Financial Support – We are in a pretty good place right now for support. Thank you for praying and giving! Praise God for his provision!
- New Opportunities – Burton and I had the opportunity to meet a missionary and the denominational leader for a specific denomination in Nicaragua. Through this meeting we now have information to position our organization to enter into ministry in Nicaragua and Honduras in 2015. Praise God for divine appointments!
- Community for Amy – Community is still hard-going. Kimbell has been going through some family issues and that has been stressful for our family and specifically Amy. Things seem to be slowly improving or better than they were last weekend. Pray that the Lord would give us wisdom in how to minister appropriately to Kimbell and her family.
- Basketball – I heard there was supposed to be a basketball tournament last night, so I travel over there geared up and hyped up on coffee. Unfortunately, the guys wont play a tournament unless both lights work. No one knows what’s wrong with the other light! Pray that the light is healed and we have a tournament. Side note: I was able to give someone a jump while I was at the bball court so that awesome! if I hadn’t had gone then he would have been stranded there with his three small kids!
- Homework Central – Our house continues to be homework central. Amy and I are getting the hang of the assignments. Unfortunately, for the students coming over, we are making them do their own work instead of having us do it (which is what most parents do here) so things are slow going. Pray for patience and opportunities to share about Jesus!
- Work Activity – I am getting ready to lead my last trip of the year on Saturday. It’s an awesome return team from Jersey. We will be building bunk beds, visiting some mercy ministries and working with some children. Pray for my uneasiness as I am nervous about the bunk bed project and my personal construction knowledge (lack there of).
- Visitors – Linda comes to hang out with Amy and our family this Thursday! Pray for this to be a HUGE answer to prayer and the beginning of a beautiful relationship!
- Huge Development – As we mentioned at the beginning of the month, Michelle, a staff from this summer, is coming to Belize in January to be part of our family! Continue to pray for Michelle as she prepares to come down to Belize for 9 months at the start of the new year!
- Date Night – We still did a HORRIBLE job of prioritizing date nights, although I did a lot less work at night and on the weekend this month so PRAISE! We are going on a date night this Friday. Pray that it is a great time to get away, relax, and enjoy each other’s company.
- Homesickness – Fall is the HARDEST time for us here in Belize. We suffer from a lot of homesickness. Especially Halloween, we will be staying off social media on Friday and avoid seeing all the kids dressed up. It’s silly; we know. It’s just something that we miss. Pray for our homesickness through this time.