Whew it’s been an AWESOME 2 weeks. For those that were praying a sincere THANK YOU! Your prayers powered us through some intense spiritual warfare immediately before I led Mt. Bethel. And then Amy and Michelle went on a trip with a women’s team from Hope Community Church to Armenia, so I was at home “babysitting” the kids.
Note: I told everyone that it wasn’t babysitting because it was my own kids….then it’s called parenting!
Now I am sitting in the Belize Airport banging this blog post out before hopping a plane to Ft Lauderdale for our staff meetings!
Remember our schedule from the last post?
- April 4 – 10 – Lead 40 of the most amazing students and adults from Mt Bethel on a trip to Western Belize – FINISHED
- April 11 – 18 – Amy helps lead a Hope For Belize – Women’s trip to Armenia and I am HOME ALONE – AHHHH – FINISHED
- April 19 – 27 – Fly to Miami for our Spring Staff Meetings – IN PROGRESS
- April 28 – May 1st – Prepare for a 40 person SURGICAL TEAM serving in Northern Belize the first full-week in May!
God is on the move. Some Updates:
- Mt Bethel – Was another awesome week. We were fortunate enough to continue a relationship that started last year as a new set of students and leaders were able to serve with Kebin Rosa and his ministry team. The Lord was present in everything that we did. Whether it was building bunk beds (7 sets) or delivering groceries (enough for 20 families) or children’s ministry, Jesus was in it! Pastor Melgar preached Easter Sunday Jesus is HERE. All week it was evident that Jesus was THERE WITH US! While I was sad to see my friends from Mt Bethel go, it was AWESOME to tell them that I WILL SEE THEM THIS FALL!!! – Thank you for praying!
- Parenting with the kids – WAS INCREDIBLE. After the weeks of spiritual warfare and extreme busyness of work, it was so refreshing to REST and PLAY with the kids. We did all the necessary parenting stuff like baths and school and homework. But we got to do fun stuff too like ice-cream after the grocery store and pop corn and milkshake for dinner 2 nights! We are so blessed with the most amazing children on earth. They are crazy and trying at times but the focused time with them was just what I needed to rest, reset and refresh. – Thank you for praying
- Women’s trip – Amy and I will have to put together a separate blog post about everything that she had learned / experienced on the trip. It was awesome and in the same manner that staying home with the kids was relaxing and refreshing for me, serving in Armenia did that for Amy. It helped show her awesomeness in Belize AND allowed her to start critically thinking and processing what integrating back into the US will be like! – Thank you for praying!
Our spring trips have wound down and we are in the transition from spring trips to prep for summer teams. I thought it would be nice to reflect and CELEBRATE all the Lord has done from January – April. A look at Belize by the numbers:
- 484 participants
- 24 groups
- 30 unique partnerships representing churches, schools, mercy ministries in 4 of the 6 districts
- 40 bunk bed sets built for kids who don’t have beds
- 170 families receiving a weeks worth of groceries
- 10 community gardens constructed
- 5 chicken coops built
- 3 church feeding programs started
- 2 medical clinics
- 1 surgical team
- Over 4000 kids ministered to, hearing the Gospel of Jesus on THEIR LEVEL
- 7 people HEALED
- Over 30 people Baptized
- Over 15 people made decisions to give their lives to the Lord
- Over 25 Belizeans sent OUT to Guatemala on mission trips to serve with PPM
Revival is happening. The Lord is redeeming Belize for His purpose to be a light to the nations. God is moving mightily and we have the privilege to be on the front lines! Take a moment and praise God for all that He has done and is doing in Belize. And let’s petition God expectantly for all He WILL DO this summer! God is up to something big. I can’t wait to share it all with you!!
As I start to consider the summer and especially since I am heading to our spring staff meetings, I was challenged with “What’s my dream for the summer?” What do I want to see the Lord do this summer? What is my “sun-stand still” type prayer? Based on that, I wrote the email below to our staff serving in Belize this summer. I wanted to share here because I think it’s applicable to everyone not just our staff. What’s your dream? What do you want to see God do in your own life? Take hold. Ask boldly and watch him show up and show off! Stop doubting and Believe!
I LOVE Dr Seuss…seriously love. I could probably recite One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham and most of Fox in Sox. I love everything about his books…the stories, the illustrations but most of all I love that he allowed me and allows kids now the ability to dream. His books create some fantasy land where it’s ok to dream big things, even if they don’t make any sense.