I can’t believe it’s Fall! Well at least in this part of North Carolina, it may be “Fall” on the calendar but it’s really SUMMER outside! Can I just be done with mowing the yard?
Amy and I were talking and we haven’t really provided a basic update on our family in some time so we wanted to do so since school started, we’ve had a court date for the girls, and things with children’s ministry at church are really churning along!!
We still don’t have it all together
Since our last post we are still evaluating if we have it all together in the parenting game. Two weeks ago, I was home to pick up the kids from the bus stop at the end of the road. Therefore, Jojo and Madeline were the only ones that were “supposed” to come off the bus. Only when the bus arrived, Jojo just came off! I said “where’s Madeline?” He said “I don’t know.” We walk back home and Amy asks where Madeline is. I literally just laugh out loud shrug my shoulders and go to call the school. It turns out her whole class missed their buses because of a scheduling mix up with her teacher. It sure was hilarious though. And another feather in the cap of we still don’t have it all together….and that’s ok!
To be honest God has answered very specific prayers of ours over the last few days and we want to celebrate with you.
- Amy – a potential mentor – Amy is enrolled in Bible Study Fellowship, a weekly Bible study meeting at a local church near our house. Approximately 200 women attend each week and they are further divided in small groups. After surveying the scene, Amy asked if we could jointly pray for an African-American older woman to reach out to her. THE VERY NEXT WEEK, yesterday, GOD ANSWERED THAT SPECIFIC PRAYER! The hit it off and are looking forward to connecting next week as well!! PRAISE GOD
- Dates – Amy and I have been praying for some time to spend with just each other, weekly we were taxed at the end of the day and weren’t able to fully give ourselves over to each other. We were getting lost in the phones and / or Netflix binge (currently Criminal Minds). So we were praying for time during the week to have more time when we were fresh! GOD ANSWERED. Tuesday and Thursday the young ones are in preschool for a few hours so Amy and I have spent time working together on organizing Children’s Ministry stuff and this past Thursday we went to Chick-fil-A and visited with my grandparents! GOD ANSWERED our PRAYER!! Thank you for praying!
- Homework – Homework with 3 kids (2 Kinders and 1 2nd grader) and 2 small ones around is NO JOKE! Madeline’s homework is all in Spanish and now even I (Josh) don’t know some of the words (relying on Google Translate unfortunately). Our SPECIFIC prayer request is an attitude shift of Jojo. He is the type of dude who only likes what he likes to do (play, toys, food, and homework). So he will breeze through some math but writing his name….UGH! It took us 2 hours the other day and only 10 minutes of that was spent doing his homework, the rest was him pitching a fit. Pray for patience and wisdom as we navigate helping him self adjust his attitude about homework.
- Financial Support – Amy and I have been blessed and y’all have partnered with us for approximately $1000 per month! Thank you! We still need to raise an $500 / month in support to meet our overall goal of $1500 / month in support. That’s only 50 additional families giving at $10 / month. If God is moving in your heart to partner with us financially in ministry, please reach out to myself or Amy. We would love to sit down grab coffee, talk on the phone, etc and share how you can be a part of what God is doing in our lives and in Winston!
- Baptism – Our church is having a BONKERS BAPTISM PARTY the first weekend in November! Its going to be full of food trucks, bounce houses, and of course LIFE CHANGE. I’ve had some great conversations with people about their spiritual next steps. Please be in prayer for myself and Amy as we talk to those in our lives about the GOOD NEWS and are BOLD in asking people to take the next step and GO PUBLIC with their faith! We can’t wait to share with you how God uses your prayers!
Friends, God’s up to some cool stuff in our family, in our ministry and in the lives of everyone! Thank you for praying. Thank you for partnering and Thank you for being on this adventure together. It’s a blessing to know and love and partner with you all!